aChartEngine does not compile to win phone

mm....@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2014, 9:42:55 AM2/16/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
When i compile to iPhone or Android there is no problem. However the build fails when i try to compile to win 8.

The native impl of the font loader does not compile, but that can be fixed with the attached impl.

Any suggestions ?
error.txt
NativeFontLoaderImpl.cs

Steve Hannah

Feb 16, 2014, 12:23:03 PM2/16/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the patch.  I have added this to Github so that it is in the latest CN1Pisces.cn1lib.

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.

mm....@gmail.com

Steve Hannah

Feb 17, 2014, 10:45:23 AM2/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
What do you need suggestions for?  You supplied a patch... I applied the patch.  What was the question?

Steve

Shai Almog

Feb 17, 2014, 1:02:59 PM2/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Same question as Steve's?
Didn't follow the thread much.

mm....@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2014, 1:46:01 PM2/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
It still fail to compile for me. I only fixed a bug in the NativeFontLoader.

Does it fail for you ?

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 2:06 AM, <mm....@gmail.com> wrote:
Shai do you have any suggestions ?

On Sunday, February 16, 2014 6:23:03 PM UTC+1, shannah wrote:
Thanks for the patch.  I have added this to Github so that it is in the latest CN1Pisces.cn1lib.

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 6:42 AM, <mm....@gmail.com> wrote:
When i compile to iPhone or Android there is no problem. However the build fails when i try to compile to win 8.

The native impl of the font loader does not compile, but that can be fixed with the attached impl.

Any suggestions ?

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.

mm....@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2014, 2:46:23 PM2/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, mm....@gmail.com
Just be be clear.

I cannot get the Pisces lib that aChartEngine uses to compile to windows phone 8. I have fixed one problem related to the NativeFontLoader however there seem to be general problems with the Java ==> C# translation/compilation.

Shai Almog

Feb 17, 2014, 2:52:04 PM2/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, mm....@gmail.com
We ported Pisces to C# "manually" when doing the Windows Phone port, it might be colliding with the package names. You can check that out by trying to build against the old pipeline that doesn't have pisces in it: win.newPipeline=false
Attached is the C# port of Pisces if its any help.
pisces.zip

Steve Hannah

Feb 17, 2014, 2:59:41 PM2/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, Michael Munch
Oh... I didn't realize that you had incorporated Pisces in the Windows port.  I have made some modifications and updates to the CN1Pisces library that might be conflicting.

Given this potential for conflict, can you suggest a workflow that I can follow for modifications/extensions of the Pisces package to maintain compatibility with WinPhone.

In this particular case, I added some methods to the Graphics class to be able to work with CN1 Images directly.  I have also added a few little Font things to help with font support.

Steve

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 11:52 AM, Shai Almog <shai....@gmail.com> wrote:
We ported Pisces to C# "manually" when doing the Windows Phone port, it might be colliding with the package names. You can check that out by trying to build against the old pipeline that doesn't have pisces in it: win.newPipeline=false
Attached is the C# port of Pisces if its any help.

Shai Almog

Feb 17, 2014, 3:05:07 PM2/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, Michael Munch
The right thing to do in retrospect was to refactor everything into our package space but I was lazy and in a hurry.
I also made a lot of changes like removing the clone() methods since these didn't convert well to C# and we didn't need them. In retrospect Pisces was an overkill for what I needed and eventually we used a tiny fraction of its power.
I don't think you would be able to work with that.

mm....@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2014, 3:05:32 PM2/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, mm....@gmail.com
@Shai. Thanks Shai that fixed most of the issues. However this one remains

src\org\apache\fontbox\ttf\TrueTypeFont_GlyphImpl.cs(5,14): error CS0535: 'org.apache.fontbox.ttf.TrueTypeFont_2GlyphImpl' does not implement interface member 'pisces.Font_2Glyph.draw(pisces.d.PathSink, int, int, float)' [C:\Users\Shai\AppData\Local\Temp\build5660169497366117762xxx\STADS\STADS\STADS.csproj]

Steve Hannah

Feb 17, 2014, 3:07:27 PM2/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, Michael Munch
I suppose I could just change the package names in the CN1Pisces module.  I don't know how many people have built things that depend on the current package space...  It would probably only inconvenience a couple of people :)

Steve Hannah

Feb 17, 2014, 3:10:33 PM2/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, Michael Munch
Make sure you are working with the latest of each of:
CN1Pisces
CN1FontBox
and
CN1aChartEngine

In this case I suspect that your CN1FontBox lib might be out of date (since you are now using the latest CN1Pisces from github).

Steve

Steve Hannah

Feb 17, 2014, 3:16:12 PM2/17/14
On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Steve Hannah <st...@weblite.ca> wrote:
I suppose I could just change the package names in the CN1Pisces module.  I don't know how many people have built things that depend on the current package space...  It would probably only inconvenience a couple of people :)

The other thing I could do is freeze the API of CN1Pisces (except for adding additional classes).  I've been treating it like it's just a work in progress... but if people are depending on these APIs now, then it might be better to just freeze it.  All of these problems are caused by me adding methods to classes and interfaces.

Steve

mm....@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2014, 4:00:08 PM2/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I believe it would be a shame to freeze the API. The best option would be if Shai to move his to another namespace, second best if you could change the package.

The second option is annoying but manageable

mm....@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2014, 5:42:54 PM2/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, mm....@gmail.com
I have updated to the lastest build of all of them and it gives the same error.

I have attached the log. Have you succeeded ?

Steve Hannah

Feb 17, 2014, 5:58:09 PM2/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, Michael Munch
Just tried it and I'm still getting that error too.  I'm not sure why...  Probably more naming collisions with the Pisces on the build server... but not 100% sure on that.

Steve

Shai Almog

Feb 18, 2014, 2:56:16 AM2/18/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, Michael Munch
The Pisces port I did is based on the original and not your version so it might have some basic differences.
If this can wait I'll try to refactor it eventually but I'm a bit swamped with tasks (understatement) at this instance.

Steve Hannah

Feb 18, 2014, 12:02:27 PM2/18/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, Michael Munch
After thinking about it, I should have changed the package names in my port anyways.  I was just lazy, and I liked the short package names, especially since there are a few classes with the same names as commonly used CN1 classes (e.g. Graphics) and I liked being able to use them.

So, regardless of what you decide, Shai, I think I'm going to move the CN1Pisces library under the ca.weblite.* namespace to prevent future conflicts.  I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to do this, but it will happen as soon as I'm able to.

Steve