Can no longer install app on iPhone 5

Robert Enyedi

Sep 8, 2014, 4:29:40 PM9/8/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
IDE: Eclipse
Desktop OS: Mac OSX 10.9.4
Device: iPhone 5

The deployment to this dev iPhone used to work, so it might be related the some of the new server upgrades that Shai mentioned about in his latest blog post.

The build succeeds, I can download the app but then two things happen:
1. It's called iphone instead of the actual app name
2. The message I get during install is: Unable to Download App / "iphone" could not be installed at this time

The phone should not have network connectivity issues. Speedtest tells me that all is fine plus on the phone I'm able to open the corresponding ota.jsp page.

The app is signed (with an enterprise dev certificate) and installable (a few weeks back) on the same locked iPhone.

Any thoughts?

Shai Almog

Sep 9, 2014, 2:46:32 AM9/9/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
when you send the build it doesn't print out a warning by any chance?
You didn't add push or something like that?
Did you go over the list here: http://www.codenameone.com/3/post/2013/10/ios-code-signing-fail-checklist.html

Robert Enyedi

Sep 11, 2014, 12:34:45 PM9/11/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Shai, I double-checked everything.

I reverted to the branch with the code that was installing successfully at the beginning of Aug. I also made sure that the exported p12 file contains both the certificate and the private key (both for enterprise distribution and not personal). Unfortunately I got the same results.

As a next step I'll build and deploy the generated source code with xcode 5 and report back on that.

Robert Enyedi

Sep 11, 2014, 1:53:25 PM9/11/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Actually I was wrong. Contrary to what I thought, the exported p12 file did not contain both the certificate and the private key. As soon as I exported both the build went through for the old (Aug) app.

My new app version's install is still failing though (with the correct p12 file). I'll take a look at the diff and update the thread.

Shai Almog

Sep 12, 2014, 4:41:32 AM9/12/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
These things are a bit painful to deal with.
There are just too many steps that can go wrong.

stema...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2014, 5:14:57 AM9/12/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Same problem with my App. I added a new device in my provisioning profile, the build is successfull but can't install on device via OTA or upload it on testflight. Getting error: 'Invalid Profile: distribution build entitlements must have get-task-allow set to false'

Shai Almog

Sep 12, 2014, 1:02:42 PM9/12/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, stema...@gmail.com
You need to build a debug version not a release version.

Robert Enyedi

Sep 12, 2014, 5:30:32 PM9/12/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, stema...@gmail.com
@stemawebmob It doesn't look like you experience the same problem. I clearly stated my error message which is certainly not what you're encountering.

@Shai I got a bit farther with my diagnostic but I don't yet completely understand the behavior of the build. If I disable "Include source" then the build is correct and installs fine on the device. If I enable it though, I reliably get that error.

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 10:02 AM, Shai Almog <shai....@gmail.com> wrote:
You need to build a debug version not a release version.

Shai Almog

Sep 13, 2014, 1:35:51 AM9/13/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, stema...@gmail.com
Is your certificate related to a university?
If so this might be related to the Mavericks build servers.  I see two users who might have an issue here one of which I know and the other is using a university certificate.

Robert Enyedi

Sep 13, 2014, 12:02:56 PM9/13/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, Stefanos Manolakis

No, this is not a university. Is there a way for me to safely share the build details?

On Sep 12, 2014 10:35 PM, "Shai Almog" <shai....@gmail.com> wrote:
Is your certificate related to a university?
If so this might be related to the Mavericks build servers.  I see two users who might have an issue here one of which I know and the other is using a university certificate.

Shai Almog

Sep 14, 2014, 1:29:01 AM9/14/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, stema...@gmail.com
Only if you are a pro subscriber. For that case you can use the support email and I'll try to help you thru there.

Are you using some specific API or build argument?