List Placed in Tab Jaggy while scrolling

ayoola ajebeku

Aug 12, 2014, 7:07:41 AM8/12/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I created a list, a container and set as it's list renderer using GUI builder then placed the list in a tab. On installing on the an Android device, the list scroll is so sluggish. I tried setting asyncpaint=true, the app hung.

The list items are dynamic, grows to more than 20.

Please what should I do to correct this?

IDE: NetBeans
Device: Android

Michael Kroll

Aug 12, 2014, 8:14:34 AM8/12/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Make sure, that no parent container has scrolling enabled (it think tabs can be swiped by default, you should try do deactivate that too).
This helps sometimes.
Sadly scrolling and most of the other codename one animations seem to be a bit slow on android, I have the same problem and found no real solution for this.
Maybe it will get better when the new pipeline is ready.

ayoola ajebeku

Aug 14, 2014, 4:17:57 AM8/14/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kroll.

I tried that already and it didn't work. Is there another option?

Shai Almog

Aug 14, 2014, 1:07:41 PM8/14/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Place the tabs in the center of the border layout and place the list directly in the tab not in a hierarchy.