Morphing a button to Dialog

conco...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2014, 5:51:45 AM9/11/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Following the new Google Material design pattern, I am trying to morph a button to a dialog which is a card design.The concept is simple.When the button is pressed the dialog should grow from the location of the button to its position on the screen. I just don't know how to go about this. Any ideas ?

Shai Almog

Sep 11, 2014, 10:40:32 AM9/11/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, conco...@gmail.com
I'm actually working on a morph transition which will be based on the exiting container morph API concept.
Morphing a button to a dialog might not work well because dialogs are really special cases.

Minta Skaite

Sep 11, 2014, 1:14:12 PM9/11/14
to Shai Almog, codenameone...@googlegroups.com

This is nice. I would use a container to fake a dialog instead, using the fake dialog example. I am really looking forward to the transition. Btw, this is going to be for forms right ?

Shai Almog

Sep 12, 2014, 4:40:02 AM9/12/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, shai....@gmail.com, conco...@gmail.com
The code has yet to be written but I'd like it to work for Containers too.