Using XMLVM locally with target csharp

Piotr

Mar 22, 2015, 9:39:53 AM3/22/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it is not easy to find out where is the problem when server build fails, especially for Windows Phone 8 build.
In my case I get very simply information (see post):
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: not an array type: I

so it is almost impossible to find problem in 1M source code.

That is why I try to use XMLVM locally, but in the source that is available in iOSPort there is no option to set target csharp [--target=[xmlvm|dexmlvm|jvm|clr|dfa|class|exe|dex|js|java|c|python|objc|iphone|qooxdoo|vtable|webos]].

My question is where can I find xmlvm code witch you are using to crosscomplile to c# code?

Thank you in advance

Shai Almog

Mar 22, 2015, 2:48:45 PM3/22/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
its all there.
We are looking into replacing the Windows port entirely as we've already removed XMLVM from the iOS port. So we probably won't invest further in this.
My guess is that you are running into an issue with 3 dimensional arrays.

Piotr

Apr 13, 2015, 12:20:38 PM4/13/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Problem was with two dimensional arrays. You can not use undefined dimensions [][].

The XMLVM, which you are using to cross-compile from java to c# is not available on your repository, where can I find it?

Shai Almog

Apr 14, 2015, 1:26:34 AM4/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Its available in the old google code repository here: http://code.google.com/p/codenameone

Piotr

Apr 14, 2015, 7:56:54 AM4/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I check it again there is only xmlvm2objc or xmlvm2c.
To cross-compile to win8 we need xmlvm2csharp.

Shai Almog

Apr 14, 2015, 1:37:52 PM4/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
There are additional targets there.