Windows Phone 8.1 development

Ekrem Saban

Sep 1, 2014, 4:25:22 AM9/1/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: Eclipse Luna
Desktop OS: Windows 8.1
Simulator: Codename One simulator
Device: Nokia Lumia 930
Hello!

First of all, I am satisfied so much with the Codename One development environment. Thank for your efforts for this open-source platform! Now, to my question: I have finished a small app and tested it with the simulator supplied by Codename One successfully. What I want to do is to test it on my Nokia Lumia 930 to see how it does there. Web sites like this or that that explain the steps for developers that are going to use Microsoft Visual Studio and perhaps C#. I think that perhaps most of the tools etc. are not necessary, if the code is already developed and tested with your IDE. Can you tell me what I really need, like Windows Phone SDK etc. when the code is already generated?

Thank you for your help!

cubiq1

Sep 1, 2014, 6:42:35 AM9/1/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

After downloading the .XAP file from the build server, I install it on my Lumia 520 using the "Application Deployment Tool" which comes bundled with the Windows Phone 8 SDK.

First, however, you'll need to register your Lumia as a developer device which is very quick: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/ff769508%28v=vs.105%29.aspx

Cheers