iOS build stuck with new VM

Michael Kroll

Mar 31, 2015, 7:29:23 AM3/31/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

We have been developing an app for some time now and are ready for release now.
We were always using the old VM while developing, but since Apple wants 64bit builds now, we have to switch.
I have tried building the app with the new VM a few times now, but it always gets stuck on "Build in progress", no errors or anything helpful.
It never stops and it deosn't seem to finish (I let it run for two full days once).
I even tried it without any native interfaces an it still wont build.
Everything builds fine with the old VM.

Is there anything I can do?

Shai Almog

Mar 31, 2015, 10:58:42 AM3/31/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
this happens sometimes if the build is too big.
Is include source checked?
Sometimes it just sends the size over the top.
I'm not sure why that happens exactly and why size would grow so much since normally new VM apps are much smaller than the old VM.

Michael Kroll

Mar 31, 2015, 2:21:41 PM3/31/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I disabled "include source" and now it seems like it went trough!
Thanks!

Shai Almog

Mar 31, 2015, 11:31:28 PM3/31/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
do you have an idea of why the size of your project is so big?

Michael Kroll

Apr 1, 2015, 4:52:51 AM4/1/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Our resource file is quite large (10mb, maybe we should trim down on images).

Shai Almog

Apr 1, 2015, 12:23:06 PM4/1/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I suggest no more than 3-5mb for the resource file. Otherwise it can get expensive.
I'm assuming this is more code size related though since 10mb shouldn't be a big deal.