iOS tabs issue

jazo...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2013, 11:36:33 AM9/30/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I have a problem with iOS. When I constantly rotate the template, the theme sometimes stops drawing and become black.

I have put an orientation listener on the form and called a form.revalidate(), and that seems to mitigate the problem a little... but what I am doing wrong? Is this a bug on codename one? or on my part?

I also have found "Display.getInstance().setTransitionYield(ms);" method, and the description states that some devices are asynchronous... is this the case with iOS devices? Will that method help get rid of black squares?

Thanks in advance,

Jazo
pic.png

Shai Almog

Sep 30, 2013, 12:15:22 PM9/30/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Did you run the app with the EDT violation detection turned on?
Are you using heavyweight components such as WebBrowser or video?
Message has been deleted

Jazo Mannucci

Sep 30, 2013, 5:12:02 PM9/30/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I know what the EDT is, but never noticed a violation detection option somewhere.
I am using a webbrowser on one of the tabs (not showed on the screenshots).

Shai Almog

Oct 1, 2013, 3:24:44 AM10/1/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
This option is part of the simulator in Simulator menu. Just turn it on to the highest setting and look at the console while using your app as you would on the device.
I suggest removing the Web Browser just to make sure this isn't the cause of the issue.