new Codenameone settings app does not recognize a save

Mark Bolduc

Jul 25, 2020, 5:43:06 PM7/25/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans/Eclipse/IDEA Netbeans 12
Desktop OS Windows 10 Pro
Simulator latest
Device Codenameone App

The new settings app does not allow login, however using my codenameone user and password, the app can't find me.
Please see pic "CodenameoneSettingsSaveNotRecognized_1__07-25-2020.JPG"
Is there a separate user name and password to access the Settings?

Have selected old UI for now.

Regards
CodenameoneSettingsSaveNotRecognized_1__07-25-2020.JPG

Shai Almog

Jul 25, 2020, 10:13:20 PM7/25/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
That's odd.
And login works with the old UI?
It should be roughly the same code.

What do you mean by doesn't recognize a save?

Mark Bolduc

Jul 26, 2020, 7:22:25 AM7/26/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
1) I am not logged in.
2) I make a change to version under basic, goto the menu top right and click save.
Then when I click the X in the top right of the form, a dialog pops-up and it states there is unsaved changes.
see image "CodenameoneSettingsSaveNotRecognized_07-25-2020.JPG"
However tapping the Close (x) from the overflow menu, does exit the application.

Just and FYI:
CodenameoneSettingsSaveNotRecognized_2__07-25-2020.JPG

Dave Dyer

Jul 26, 2020, 1:45:10 PM7/26/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
It does the save, but subsequently when you try to close the window, warns you that you haven't saved.

Shai Almog

Jul 26, 2020, 10:16:19 PM7/26/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
Thanks!
This will be fixed in the coming update.

Dave Dyer

Jul 27, 2020, 1:11:27 PM7/27/20
to CodenameOne Discussions

It's also pretty unsatisfactory that "save" is hidden in a menu - shouldn't it be on the main bar?

-- for extra credit, make it appear there only if some unsaved changes exist.