[resolved] Shared DropBox folder - Tests and builds won't run w/MacBook

jordang...@gmail.com

May 25, 2014, 5:03:13 PM5/25/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
This is for information only, in case someone else has a similar problem.
I'm using a DropBox folder as my workspace since I have a PC and a MacBook that I work with on my CodeNameOne project so I can keep all my files exactly the same. I'm sure there is a better application (i.e. github?) that I should learn to use, but this is serving my purposes for now.

Today, I had a problem trying to send to the Build Server from my MacBook. Here was the scenario:
Case A: When using Eclipse on a MacBook: When I select "Run Tests" or "Send [whatever] Build"...nothing happens at all. No traffic in the Console whatsoever. All other functions of the CodeNameOne plugin (GUI builder, simulator, debugging, etc) work normally.
Case B: When using Eclipse on my Windows 7 PC: Same project, same exact code (DropBox workspace) - and the build sends normally.

When I moved the project to an entirely new workspace, the CodeNameOne plugin would then work normally and send builds from the MacBook. The PC version didn't seem to have any of the same issues, but the new workspace fixed it for whatever reason.

-Jordan