iOS themeing issue

nick.m...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2015, 4:14:55 PM3/16/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com

I'm having something strange going on on iOS.
I have a theme element set up for TextArea that should make the text white in all states.

But on iOS when the themed TextArea is selected (during text entry) the text becomes black. Everything works fine on Android and in the simulator.
The strange thing is when I apply the same theme element to a TextField it works correctly.

I tried sever things to fix this, set include native to false, made sure the theme overrode all elements, etc.
Any ideas?

IDE: NetBeans
Device : ipod4 ipad iphone 4s

Shai Almog

Mar 17, 2015, 12:55:16 AM3/17/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, nick.m...@gmail.com
The native text input on iOS isn't very customizable. We were able to customize UITextField rather well (maps to single line text field) but not UITextView (maps to multiline text area).
You need to be aware that we switch to native at that point and might break your themeing efforts.