textToShare of sharebutton is not taken

shyam tha

Oct 5, 2015, 5:54:26 AM10/5/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
I am using sharebutton from theme and set textToShare to "testing share" .
When i click on the button list of application to share is displayed and when I click on faceshare it goes to facebook page but its textToshare is not displayed , why and how to solve it?

Shai Almog

Oct 5, 2015, 11:39:40 PM10/5/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
Is that on the device?
This uses native sharing on the device.

shyam tha

Oct 6, 2015, 12:47:59 AM10/6/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
yes there is problem in device ,  I have tested on samsung Ace 4

Shai Almog

Oct 6, 2015, 11:14:32 PM10/6/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
Do you have the Facebook app installed?
Are you logged in within that app?

shyam tha

Oct 7, 2015, 8:22:56 AM10/7/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
yes i have logined facebook app

Shai Almog

Oct 7, 2015, 10:49:48 PM10/7/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
Do you see anything in the device log in DDMS?

shyam tha

Oct 8, 2015, 1:36:41 AM10/8/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
yes i have checked in DDMS  and there is no errors
and I have checked using SMS and GMAIL  and   its textToshare is displayed in them but not displaying  in facebook only

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Shai Almog <shai....@gmail.com> wrote:
Do you see anything in the device log in DDMS?

Chen Fishbein

Oct 8, 2015, 4:50:25 AM10/8/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,
Share only a link will work

shyam tha

Oct 8, 2015, 6:31:37 AM10/8/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
Thanks alot Chen, its works
and one more thing I want to set its text dynamically so how can I set its text by programmatically?

Shai Almog

Oct 8, 2015, 11:52:24 PM10/8/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
Just invoke setTextToShare.

shyam tha

Oct 9, 2015, 2:54:00 AM10/9/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
where and how?

I am able to set "setTextToShare" from Theme in ShareButton and when I click on the button ,it displays list of app to display .I do not know where to set the new text(url).

On Friday, October 9, 2015 at 9:37:24 AM UTC+5:45, Shai Almog wrote:
Just invoke setTextToShare.

Chen Fishbein

Oct 9, 2015, 4:17:40 AM10/9/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,
get a reference to the share button and do ShareButton#setTextToShare

shyam tha

Oct 9, 2015, 5:58:49 AM10/9/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
ok thanks alot Chen
and one more question can we share both  image url and some other text ?

Shai Almog

Oct 10, 2015, 12:50:21 AM10/10/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
I think this is now supported but I'm not sure if its supported on all platforms.