BB Verification Error 2925

luke...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2014, 2:01:28 AM7/2/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I'm having an issue with blackberry, using a Bold 9900, the device is saying Verification Error 2925.
I've found a bunch of random information about the issue, nothing that really helps since I don't have access to the blackberry source for codename one...
So I'm wondering what I should do, I'd like to post this app on the appworld asap, before the end of the day if possible.

My app makes heavy use of HTTPS, and images, as well as the camera and device gallery.
And I don't mind modifying the blackberry source myself to get this working.

Chen Fishbein

Jul 2, 2014, 4:52:35 AM7/2/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, luke...@gmail.com
Hi,
1)Try to disable obfuscation - sometimes the obfuscation may cause strange verification errors.

luke...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2014, 9:04:09 AM7/2/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, luke...@gmail.com
I get build errors with obfuscation, so I've not been using it.
And I realize I have access to that source, I meant to say pre-packaged the way I get it for iOS.
I was getting insanely tired last night and misspoke about the source, I'd been up for almost 20 hours.

Do you have any other recommendations for me to try?
I'm not yet sure how to access device logs, and the phone is owned by a client of mine.
Annoyingly, it doesn't seem they blackberry has a list of these verification errors either, even though they seem to be a massive hassle for everyone.
Anyway, thanks for the reply, if we can't figure it out I'll try compiling the blackberry source together and doing it that way.

I noticed it was saying something about using a pre-verifier, it might be a good idea to add that to the build server.
I'd prefer the build server error and explain why, than get a build that won't work, especially since most people you attract might not have blackberry experience (like myself).
So while I'm willing to go the extra step, it would easily push others away, the massive attraction for me is the code it once, use it everywhere aspect of CN1.

Shai Almog

Jul 2, 2014, 10:41:29 AM7/2/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, luke...@gmail.com
We don't have J2ME/RIM sources since we don't generate them. Everything is retroweaved hence modified on a binary level unlike iOS where we generate actual source.
We do preverify on the build server but RIM tends to fail for creative reasons.

luke...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2014, 12:06:10 PM7/2/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, luke...@gmail.com
Well thank you for the replies, I am beyond disappointed in RIM right now...
Any suggestions for debugging this? One of the forums said to build against Java 1.3,
I don't want to waste time following guides that might end up leading me nowhere, so any insight is appreciated.
We're just getting into app development and thus far its been a really bumpy road.
And the last thing I expected to become an issue was the RIM build...

I won't have my hands on the device my client tried to test with until later,
so in the meantime I'm just trying to research as much as possible.

Shai Almog

Jul 3, 2014, 12:09:41 AM7/3/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, luke...@gmail.com
Building against 1.3 is pointless and won't work with us anyway.
You can try installing the JDE and try to run on the BB simulator which might output some more information.

luke...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2014, 2:32:48 PM7/3/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, luke...@gmail.com
Thanks, I've done some testing now, the JVM doesn't like some of the code in the app it seems.
This probably explains why I can't even obfuscate the app in the first place, its like some of the code isn't even being seen...
Its going to take me some time to track this down so we've moved forward with other platforms in the meantime, like blackberry 10.

Does CN1 rewrite the bytecode at all to be more compatible with BB5-7?
And if not, are there plans to? After I've figured out what it doesn't like, do you want me to submit my findings to help improve things?
From what I've read and seen so far, BB5-7 has some really weird quirks...

Shai Almog

Jul 4, 2014, 1:30:36 AM7/4/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, luke...@gmail.com
Blackberry 7 and lower (pre 10) doesn't have basic Java 5 features (no generics, enums, collections etc.) so we do a lot of bytecode rewriting, this is all in our open source project and is based on a highly modified version of retroweaver.