Use a PIWIK installation as analytics server

Fabrice Kabongo

Jul 14, 2013, 9:06:26 PM7/14/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi every body, i've got a big deal. my client want to have to a google analytics like software for analyse the way users use their app but don't want to use a third party server. so i want to know is it possible to use something like piwik? if yes, how can i do that?

Shai Almog

Jul 15, 2013, 12:50:41 AM7/15/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
The AnalyticsService works with Google analytics by default however you can derive it and do whatever you want with the calls to visit(). Make sure to invoke AnalyticsService.init(your instance) early enough in the code.

Once you do that in a GUI builder application we will automatically invoke visit for you and you can invoke any custom analytics service you want.

Fabrice Kabongo

Jul 15, 2013, 3:01:29 PM7/15/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
thanks, i'll try it and give you a feed back