[Announcement] parse4cn1 - CodenameOne library for Parse.com!

sidiabale

May 6, 2015, 6:26:16 AM5/6/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been working on porting the Parse (www.parse.com) REST API to CodenameOne and today I released the initial version. I thought it might be interesting for some of you. Check it out at: https://github.com/sidiabale/parse4cn1 and if you're interested, start using it and/or contributing ;)

@CN1: Would you be kind enough to add this to the list of CN1 libraries?

Cheers

 PS: Here's an excerpt the Readme in case you don't know what Parse is.

The Parse platform provides a complete backend solution for your mobile application. Parse provides a REST API as well as libraries for different mobile platforms like Android and iOS. CodenameOne (CN1 for short) on the other hand is a great framework for cross-platform mobile application development. Although some of the functionality provided by Parse is offered to paying CN1 users, integration of third-party libraries is allowed and even encouraged in CN1. This project aims at making the Parse platform available to CN1 apps thereby giving developers more options for cloud-based backend solutions in CN1. In order to maximize platform support, this library aims at implementing the REST API specification rather than for instance, integrating the existing Parse native libraries for various platforms. Of course, where possible, advanced features that go beyond the REST API (e.g., background operations) will also be supported by this library provided they can be implemented in a generic manner. Since CN1 is written in Java, this library can also be used in pure Java projects.

Maaike

May 6, 2015, 8:58:30 AM5/6/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I actually heared of Parse some days ago. Looks very interesting. Good job to make a CN1lib for parse!

Shai Almog

May 6, 2015, 10:10:16 AM5/6/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Sure, we added it to the cn1lib page. Thanks!

sidiabale

May 6, 2015, 11:25:58 AM5/6/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome. It's not yet feature complete so I hope others like you will contribute too ;)

sidiabale

May 6, 2015, 11:26:25 AM5/6/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
That was fast! Thanks, Shai.

Chen Fishbein

May 6, 2015, 1:15:23 PM5/6/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
That's a great contribution, thanks!

sidiabale

Sep 14, 2015, 6:02:58 AM9/14/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,

parse4cn1 v1.1 has been released!

Main features:

  • Added support for batch operations
  • Added support for GeoPoints and global app config
  • Implemented serialization of ParseObjects and all other supported data types
  • Improved 'test runner' in Java test project (better filtering of tests and clearer result summary). Very handy during development for running specific tests
  • Integration of travis builds that also execute the test set for improved quality control (see icons at the top of the readme page

Check it out at: https://github.com/sidiabale/parse4cn1/releases/tag/parse4cn1-1.1 and if you're interested, start using it and/or contributing ;)

@CN1 team: Can you please update the cn1libs page accordingly?

Shai Almog

Sep 14, 2015, 10:45:14 PM9/14/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
Totally endorse this message!
The Parse integration is really cool and I've enjoyed it tremendously.

Carlos Verdier

Sep 15, 2015, 7:00:22 AM9/15/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
Thank you so much for making our tasks easier. So easy to use. I got it working in a breeze.