having trouble with form.java and form.gui

Charles G

Dec 4, 2019, 10:30:13 PM12/4/19
to CodenameOne Discussions

IDE: IDEA plugin 2019.3
Linux 19.2
Simulator
Laptop hp
GUI builder 6.4

using Gui builder to place button and text on phone display and saved it. xml file form,gui correctly created. but form.java not fully created from xml file. (component button text info)

Shai Almog

Dec 5, 2019, 9:11:20 PM12/5/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
What's the content of the GUI java file that you see?

Charles G

Dec 5, 2019, 9:42:56 PM12/5/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
in the xml file (form.gui) it has the right info including the text of the button and text area. But in the form.java it has everything but  the "DO NOT TOUCH ' area.

Shai Almog

Dec 6, 2019, 11:13:13 PM12/6/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
I just tried this on the latest intellij and it worked for me. Are you sure the code just isn't implicitly collapsed/hidden which is the default behavior for our GUI code?
Can you paste the Java source generated here and look in the intellij log to see if there's anything of interest?