Bluetooth support for Android AND iOS

phil2...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2014, 11:32:11 AM2/5/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is it possible to use bluetooth with Android and iOS applications developped with CodenameOne?

I didn't find the word 'bluetooth' in the PDF documentation (developer guide).

Best regards,

Philippe

Shai Almog

Feb 5, 2014, 12:02:16 PM2/5/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, phil2...@gmail.com
Hi,
some developers have used bluetooth using the native support we have http://www.codenameone.com/how-do-i---access-native-device-functionality-invoke-native-interfaces.html

So far only one of our pro/enterprise users has asked for bluetooth.
We are communicating with them on the required features but since bluetooth is so big its hard to tell if your needs will be answered by a generic API.

phil2...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2014, 3:12:56 AM2/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, phil2...@gmail.com
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I've seen on some previous discussion that you (CodenameOne) planed to do a Bluetooth API for CodenameOne. Is it still a project? When will it be available?

Do you have examples for iOS and Android to just send and receive simple data (texts and numbres) with Bluetooth through SPP (Serial Port Profile)?

I realy want to use CodenameOne instead of full native solutions to program my softwares but I must be sure that it will be possible to communicate between my tablet and a Microchip processor using Bluetooth.

Best regards,

Philippe

Shai Almog

Feb 17, 2014, 12:41:40 PM2/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, phil2...@gmail.com
Hi,
we can't commit for a schedule on a feature like this.
We only make schedule commitments for enterprise licensees and even then its pretty difficult to make such commitments.

We have a pro account that's asking for bt support but he's been uncommunicative about that so I can't really tell if this will happen or not.
Message has been deleted

Dark Zone

Jul 23, 2014, 3:40:19 AM7/23/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, phil2...@gmail.com
Hi, we have a pro account and we would be as well interested in a basic bt API (just send and receive simple data (texts or numbers), or even the native code for Android AND iOS
Thanks

Shai Almog

Jul 23, 2014, 11:12:50 AM7/23/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, phil2...@gmail.com
Hi,
we talked to several pro developers who were interested in bluetooth but they wouldn't follow up on this (same as I mentioned before).

Bluetooth is a huge standard including many different aspects/complexities. You could probably implement it relatively easily in a cn1lib like Steve's work on sockets by narrowing down only to the portions you specifically need.
If you have a set of requirements and ideally some suggested implementations for Android or other platforms we can help you walk thru this and maybe integrate it into the core.

Maaike

Jul 23, 2014, 4:29:12 PM7/23/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, phil2...@gmail.com
I'm not a pro user, but I'm interested in bluetooth too.
Would be great if it's possible to support the RFCOMM bluetooth stack.