Run an android activity from codenameone in the background

Karuna Pandey

Dec 3, 2013, 6:55:13 PM12/3/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I am using codenameone to call native android code, ie an activity that connects to Bluetooth device/printer. I have no UI in that activity but the connection takes some time. So from the codenameone UI, when the activity starts, I get a black screen till the connection is established. Is there any way in Codenameone to run an android activity in the background without any display?

Shai Almog

Dec 4, 2013, 12:45:31 AM12/4/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
If you are invoking it from the Codename One thread it might indeed block painting. I suggest invoking the activity in a separate thread.