Monetization

kevin....@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2014, 10:36:03 AM2/27/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I have read a few of the threads on monetization, and I have a question:  Is there some way to estimate revenue from monetization?  I use a couple of Google services which have caps for free use, and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to calculate a break-even point.  If my app were to end up storing a significant amount of data in google's services, it could be costly to the point of forcing me to sell the app instead of offering it for free.  Do the ads pay per render or is only for click-throughs?
Any information or leads is greatly appreciated.

Shai Almog

Feb 27, 2014, 2:52:36 PM2/27/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, kevin....@gmail.com
Don't expect to make much money from ads regardless of the technology/vendor you choose.
This is just a general observation you can read studies here: http://www.developereconomics.com/