Screen Size on Iphone X

bitx...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2018, 5:27:45 PM3/1/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi

since last libs update, on Iphone X, appear two white bands upper and bottom on the screen, is a bug?

On previous compilations the app fill all screen, on Iphone previous to X works fine.

Is a new feature on the theme to configure?

Best Regards Kandy

Shai Almog

Mar 1, 2018, 11:39:37 PM3/1/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,
I'm guessing you switched between two separate projects. Right click the problematic project and select Codename One -> Codename One Settings -> Basic -> Update Client Libs.

bitx...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2018, 6:06:54 AM3/2/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
I updated the libs, and compiled the app, the result is similar, on the iphone X screen appear two white bands upper and bottom.

Any ideas?

Best Regards

bitx...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2018, 2:39:45 PM3/2/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi Shai

we were investigating, and found that the bug is on the inside the Browser Component. This component on Iphone X, does not fill the availabe vertical space. On this device on te bottom of screen appears a white band.

We try it on the xcode simulator and in real device and the behaviour is similar.

On libs versions previous 209 not ocurs. For example on the 204 version works fine.

Best Regards

Shai Almog

Mar 3, 2018, 1:09:14 AM3/3/18
to CodenameOne Discussions

ka...@bitxenio.com

Mar 5, 2018, 12:18:38 AM3/5/18
to CodenameOne Discussions

Hi Shai

The problem are only in real devices or in Xcode devuce simulator.

We found the solution, on iPhone X device is necesary include a new html tag,

I found it on this article.

https://webkit.org/blog/7929/designing-websites-for-iphone-x/

Now, I have a new question:

On the iPhoneX devices the form not fill al the screen. Are there any way on the theme to that?

Best Regards Kandy

Shai Almog

Mar 5, 2018, 1:59:43 AM3/5/18
to CodenameOne Discussions