Is there any protocol supported by codename one to discover devices in local network and pair them? Like UPnP, mDns?

zuk...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2017, 2:42:13 AM9/1/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
I'm looking for some protocol for pairing device based on esp8266 with mobile app. I know i can write Android app using JAVA, build an RARP table, read the IP comparing physical address of the esp8266 and connect to it directly using TCP, since i can put esp8266 into server mode, but i cannot find a way to build RARP table in codename one because java.net.* are not supported. I was looking for other protocols, but found nothing supported yet. Do you have any suggestions? Let me admit that esp8266 IP has to be dynamic.

If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans
Desktop OS WIN7
Simulator Codename one
Device nexus 7