Render Simple HTML and CSS in TextArea

conco...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2014, 8:27:07 AM9/13/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I am developing a simple feed list and I was investigating the option of using a textarea to render each item with various styles. However I noticed that a textarea will only use a single font. But I dont want to use a native webbrowser because it is too heavy weight. I am wondering if the depracated HTML component could still be useful just to render items that have various font sizes and colors more like an instagram activity list.It would be great to have a textarea that supports HTML for the simple use cases, just for rendering.

Shai Almog

Sep 13, 2014, 10:32:19 AM9/13/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, conco...@gmail.com
In terms of performance this would be practically unusable, currently we don't support a rich text mode since there is very little commonality in this area between the various platforms.

Shai Almog

Sep 14, 2014, 1:32:15 AM9/14/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, conco...@gmail.com
Just so I'm 100% clear. HTMLComponent == Awful performance....

Minta Skaite

Sep 14, 2014, 5:26:05 AM9/14/14
to Shai Almog, codenameone...@googlegroups.com

Lol!.  I just confirmed that.So there is no solution for a simple rich text area that can be used in a container list. :(

Shai Almog

Sep 14, 2014, 9:38:20 AM9/14/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, shai....@gmail.com, conco...@gmail.com
You can create your own custom component if its something trivial but nothing generic builtin that performs well for this use case.