Confirmation of options for testing on iOS while developing on Windows/Android

Dan

Mar 21, 2015, 9:01:23 AM3/21/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I'm currently doing development on Windows using Eclipse. I will send Android builds and put them on my various Android devices to test/view.

I do not own an Apple product, but would like to test on one. I could always borrow a device from a family member, but I would still be missing OS X.

If I understand correctly, even if I had OS X and an Apple device (ie. iPhone, iPad), I would still need to pay for the privilege (to the tune of around $100/year) to put my app on the device.

Also, if I were to pay for a Basic Account, this would give me access to Native Sources. Would this mean that I could bring the iOS source onto XCode and run them there? I say this not having an idea what benefits this would bring, other than potentially sending the source to a colleague who is setup for iOS development.

What other options are there?

Shai Almog

Mar 21, 2015, 11:31:03 AM3/21/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Yes to all.
There is no benefit for include source if you don't have a mac.