UI getting crashed

ba.kri...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2015, 8:05:59 AM9/14/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans/Eclipse/IDEA
Desktop OS
Simulator
Device
IDE : Eclipse
OS :Windows7
Running on Hardware

The application UI getting crashed when I am updating the textarea continuously using listener mechanism. Can I avoid the UI crash if any exception occured in the code?
Exceptions are already handled.The code snippet is below,

                                     Display.getInstance().callSerially(new Runnable(){
public void run(){
logger.debug("The Sensor values listed to Textarea are "
+ strBuffer);
sensorData.setText(strBuffer.toString());
}
});
I can't get the exception stack because the log is writing until the app crash.

Shai Almog

Sep 14, 2015, 10:55:36 PM9/14/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
On which OS, what are you doing besides setText().

ba.kri...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2015, 8:54:47 AM9/18/15

On Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 8:25:36 AM UTC+5:30, Shai Almog wrote:
On which OS, what are you doing besides setText().

Hi

I didn't do anything more other than continuously updating a text area using a listener mechanism. The data obtained through an event is received and this data is written to the text area. Events are received continously which means that there are frequent updates to the text area.
In my state machine class, a button click will register the listener. The listener is implemented as an inner class with in the StateMachine. Within the call back API of my listener class, the text area is updated with the obtained data. After a few updates, the Application is found to be stopped and a black screen is seen.
Is there any problem in CN1 while using listener mechanism in StateMachine class or doing frequent UI updation from within StateMachine class.
Otherwise could you please suggest an alternative mechanism for this issue.

ba.kri...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2015, 8:57:47 AM9/18/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
OS used is QNX 6.6.

Shai Almog

Sep 19, 2015, 12:20:49 AM9/19/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
It looks like you aren't using our implementation of Codename One.
If you are using Aicas you need to get support from them, they forked a very old version of Codename One and did quite a few things in a way that we can't possibly support.