Blackberry bugs CodeName1 vs LWUIT

daniel.f...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2013, 3:11:45 AM8/8/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
We have been using LWUIT for several years to support both J2ME and Blackberry, but we are not happy with it and our customers are not happy.
The reason is that there are lots of bugs for blackberry in LWUIT.
Some examples are: VirtualKeyboard problems, screen goes blank when going between textfields, textfields problems, scrolling problems and focus problems.

So the question is: Are CodeName1 better then LWUIT on blackberry?
is it any point in doing a conversion or should we do a native app?

Shai Almog

Aug 8, 2013, 2:25:09 PM8/8/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, daniel.f...@gmail.com
Blackberry sucks less under Codename One but it is inherently a bad platform.
I suggest you write a simple test case and just see if your issues are resolved in Codename One, I think input is improved and we did fix a lot of bugs (not to mention the product is completely different).