Native maps error

Mario Barón

Aug 25, 2014, 7:00:09 PM8/25/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shai,

I have an error with the native maps component on Android. The error is similar as the one reported in this post (sorry for the large link for some reason the link format wasn't working):

My form consists of some containers in a Borderlayout, in which the one in the Center consists of a Container with a LayeredLayout. This container has two others: one named cntMap and another cntMarker in that order. I add the native map component to the cntMap container and create a native Android ImageButton with a transparent background and a Image loaded into it which is added to the cntMarker container. This appears to run without much problem with until I start activating the side menu I have in that form. When the sideMenu comes out there's no problem, but when I close it the app crashes with a "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: width and height must be > 0" and apparently with an out of memory exception further ahead. I attach the exception to this post on a .txt file for further details.

Can you please take a look at this? Thanks a million
Native Map component error.txt

Shai Almog

Aug 26, 2014, 12:06:38 AM8/26/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'll add a workaround for that. Thanks.

Mario Barón

Aug 26, 2014, 10:33:38 AM8/26/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shai,

thanks for your fast response. I'm sorry to insist on this issue but can we expect this bug fix soon? Will it be released through a server update or what can I do to get it?

Thanks a million.

Shai Almog

Aug 27, 2014, 12:04:08 AM8/27/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
it should probably be up later today as a server update. You won't need to do anything other than send a new build.

Mario Barón

Aug 27, 2014, 5:14:16 PM8/27/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shai,

is this fix already up in the server? I just generated a build for Android and the app is still crashing. I'll have a cable in a couple of minutes and will put up a stack so you can take a look in case you can find something else that may be causing the problems

Thanks.

Shai Almog

Aug 28, 2014, 12:27:47 AM8/28/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I thought it was deployed but our log show that the last update was 21 hours ago which seems pretty far. I'm trying another update, can you see with the cable if this is the same exception?
If this fails the line numbers should be different.

Mario Barón

Aug 28, 2014, 8:47:18 AM8/28/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shai,

sorry got a little busy and forgot to put this up. The stack seems to be different now following the same steps as before in order to reproduce this error. I attach the file with it.

Thanks.

On Monday, August 25, 2014 6:00:09 PM UTC-5, Mario Barón wrote:
Native Map component error 28082014.txt

Shai Almog

Aug 28, 2014, 9:53:00 AM8/28/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
odd. I'll have to look deeper into this.

Shai Almog

Aug 28, 2014, 10:02:32 AM8/28/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way you can reproduce this with the debug version? I'm having a hard time figuring this one out.

Mario Barón

Aug 28, 2014, 10:03:44 AM8/28/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
hey Shai,

would it help to email you a debug apk of the app with an example user and password so you can take a better look at it? if so, please give me an email to where I can send it to you. (PS I have a Pro account in case that's something you take into account with emailing this type of things).

Thanks.

Shai Almog

Aug 29, 2014, 1:17:33 AM8/29/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
we do take that into account but the emailed APK won't help.
If you produced that stack with the debug build this might be hard to reproduce. Can you generate a test case that reproduces the issue?

Mario Barón

Aug 29, 2014, 12:11:13 PM8/29/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shai,

I created a simple project with only the Native map component and the side menu. Can you please give me an email so I can send you the project?

Thanks.

Shai Almog

Aug 30, 2014, 12:37:51 AM8/30/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
you can use the pro support email address. Didn't you get the welcome email when you signed up to pro including that address?

Mario Barón

Sep 1, 2014, 10:09:10 AM9/1/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shai,

I couldn't seem to find this email because the sender name was under "support" I must have looked it over when I was looking for it. Shai, I sent you guys an email with my pro account email with a test case for this problem so you can please take a look at it.

Thanks.

Mario Barón

Sep 2, 2014, 12:25:24 PM9/2/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shai,

were you able to check the test case I sent you?  if so, has it helped in finding or giving a clue to what could be the problem?

Thanks for your support.

Shai Almog

Sep 3, 2014, 1:29:57 AM9/3/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
sorry. Its a big queue of sources we need to go thru and we do have a very busy month. We will get to it though.