New build user account problems

tdel...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2017, 7:42:02 PM4/28/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
Today around 11-12:30 EST I created a new account here. If you go looking for it, it's @gnc.net. For whatever reason I never received the confirmation email. My mistake was to go ahead and try to push a build to the server which appears to have locked NetBeans into that failed username. I've since tried to login and change the password with that account and nothing works. I receive no emails and cannot log in. Perhaps the non-standard gnc.net address is the reason.

Next I created another account, the gmail account I'm asking this question from. That account succeeded, I can log in, etc. However NetBeans is stuck on the gnc.net account and I cannot find a way to switch. I've read that it's intentionally difficult or blocked to switch to avoid abuse. Sadly it's also blocking a first timer like myself that ran into a problem.

If possible, please kill the gnc.net account and help me switch NetBeans to the gmail account, or perhaps there's some SMTP error with the gnc.net account. Your help is greatly appreciated! My setup:

IDE: NetBeans
Desktop OS Windows 10
Simulator N/A
Device Android

PS - I greatly appreciate the 3.6.2 update early this morning, it fixed several issues I'd been trying to figure out in my code!

tdel...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2017, 7:44:02 PM4/28/17
to CodenameOne Discussions, tdel...@gmail.com
And yes, I've checked spam/trash folder options - my gnc.net account never received anything. Something is blocking it upstream or it's never sent. *shrug*

tdel...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2017, 7:49:59 PM4/28/17
to CodenameOne Discussions, tdel...@gmail.com
Problem solved. To anyone else who runs into this issue, the login information is stored in the registry. The password too, in clear text, which is not secure.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Prefs\com\codename1\ui\user
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Prefs\com\codename1\ui\pass

are how to change build logins. Feature request: encrypt the password.