Chart Rendering and aChartEngine

luisi...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2015, 10:49:18 AM2/18/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've been trying to print some charts for my prototype and I'm quite confused now. What I've done so far is download the library aChartEngine ported by shannah, copy the libraries along with pisces and fontbox to my netbeans project and updated libs, then I copied the ChartsDemo project stored in the googlecode repository with the IDE tools and ran it.

Now here is the problem, I get the ClassNotFound error for Rectangle2D, after I checked the com.codename1.ui.geom package I only found a Rectangle class. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong with the libraries, I've already updated them in NetBeans (right click > Properties> Codename tab> update) and I still don't see the Rectangle2D class or the com.codename1.charts package.

I'd really appreciate some guidance in this matter, thank you.

Steve Hannah

Feb 18, 2015, 11:18:12 AM2/18/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Make sure you've updated to the latest CN1 plugin, and updated the libraries in your project.  Rectangle2D should be there.
Also, the ChartsDemo project doesn't require pisces or fontbox.  It just relies on the new CN1 charts built into the core.

Steve

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.

Shai Almog

Feb 18, 2015, 11:36:29 AM2/18/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, luisi...@gmail.com
Hi,
Steve's latest code relies on some updates he made to the SVN that haven't yet shipped. When they will ship you will also have access to the new builtin charts which you might prefer to use.

luisi...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2015, 11:37:02 AM2/18/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the quick reply Steve,

I've updated my Netbeans plugin, its now on the 1.0.81 version. I've created a new project and updated the libraries but the Rectangle2D class is nowhere to be seen, only Rectangle is there, with a few other classes in com.codename1.ui.geom.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 7:49 AM, <luisi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I've been trying to print some charts for my prototype and I'm quite confused now. What I've done so far is download the library aChartEngine ported by shannah, copy the libraries along with pisces and fontbox to my netbeans project and updated libs, then I copied the ChartsDemo project stored in the googlecode repository with the IDE tools and ran it.

Now here is the problem, I get the ClassNotFound error for Rectangle2D, after I checked the com.codename1.ui.geom package I only found a Rectangle class. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong with the libraries, I've already updated them in NetBeans (right click > Properties> Codename tab> update) and I still don't see the Rectangle2D class or the com.codename1.charts package.

I'd really appreciate some guidance in this matter, thank you.

luisi...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2015, 11:43:10 AM2/18/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply,
I see now, that's why no matter how much I update, those classes won't appear. Is there an estimated time of release for those new changes? Or should I just work with aChartEngine directly?

Shai Almog

Feb 19, 2015, 1:39:33 AM2/19/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, luisi...@gmail.com
We would hopefully make a release today.