Is it recommended to use codename one to develop apps similar to Point of sale, Billing, Inventory ?

mistryh...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2013, 11:44:24 AM12/11/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Well I was just looking out to alternatives building a hybrid mobile application so as to be able to manage single code across multiple platforms (at least most of them). Found your tool and have been using it for past couple of weeks now, but I still have a concern as which tool to choose, consider the following use case:

a. We plan to use a BLUETOOTH based BARCODE SCANNING DEVICE along with an Android and/or iPhone,iPad and develop a solution across it, the hardware provider does provide with native Android, iOS, Blackberry SDK for their devices.

b. I for example use your tools and make use of native Android SDK provided for the BLUETOOTH BASED SCANNING device and develop an application.

c. Later in time I wish to extend the same code (of course with minimum changes) to iOS, but as seen on the hardware provider site, they provide native platform based SDK so in this case, if I already have an application running on Android with any EXTERNAL LIBRARIES specific to android, should that run just fine on iOS platforms also ? (It may be both iPhone as well as iPad and they shall be any above 3rd generation).

Do you recommend to use your tool at this stage ? Or Shall I reconsider your tool some time later may be in next 6 months ?

I urge your to reply in detail if possible or at least in brief. Any guidelines and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

FYI. We shall be making use of your tool with ECLIPSE KEPLER STANDARD x64 and any other options are not to be considered unless really necessary.

Regards,
Mistry Hardik

Shai Almog

Dec 11, 2013, 12:04:27 PM12/11/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, mistryh...@gmail.com
Hi,
our tool is pretty mature and launching the 2.0 version soon.
Its used by at least one PoS vendor that I am aware of (although I can't talk specifics due to client privacy).

We currently don't support a bluetooth API or integration with these tools however since we have native API access you can use that.

If you need specific features e.g. integration with specific hardware, bluetooth etc. and sign up as an enterprise account we can push them forward to be a part of the general environment.

mistryh...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2013, 1:52:38 PM12/11/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, mistryh...@gmail.com
Thank you very much for the accurate information needed. And I do apologize again for simply copy paste from this forum question to stack overflow. Wish you all the success possible in future. Thank you again. Have a nice day.

Shai Almog

Dec 12, 2013, 1:42:53 AM12/12/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, mistryh...@gmail.com
No harm done ;-)