Please make a Linux Desktop build

schn...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2014, 4:27:20 PM10/24/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I have used the Windows Deskto build function. I was verry happy that I got a .exe file which I could
open with no installation and no configuration. ( Best for stupid idiots like me ;-)
We use it at exibitions on a big TV which is connected to a PC. So we can show the app.

Now I would like to run my Codename One APP also on Ubuntu or Debian Linux. x86 or ARM.

How can I get it run? Can you make me a single file like the lovely .exe on Windows?

I have sent a J2ME build, but I don't know how the .jad und the .zip files must be started.

Best regards:

Daniel Messerli

Shai Almog

Oct 24, 2014, 9:00:11 PM10/24/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, schn...@gmail.com
Hi,
we can make a standalone jar executable which will probably work for Linux. There was just no demand for this so we didn't put in the effort.

If you have a pro account contact our support and follow up with me on this if its important to you.

For J2ME just navigate to the jad file with the device browser and follow the installation instructions with a J2ME device.