Simulator Textfield Issue

timg...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2013, 2:53:07 PM11/21/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi

It seems after the recent update I am unable to view what I am typing in the simulator textfield.  The input is recorded and upon loss of focus I can view the text in the field again.

This isn't a massive issue, it just makes testing a little more difficult.

So far, I've only test 3 Android simulators.

Regards

Tim

Shai Almog

Nov 22, 2013, 2:17:08 AM11/22/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, timg...@gmail.com
Hi Tim,
is your text field black by any chance?
We fixed a few text input issues in the simulator and its now better integrated with the theme but we forgot to update the foreground color which is always black. I've fixed this in SVN and it should be a part of the next update.

timg...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2013, 2:32:30 AM11/22/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, timg...@gmail.com
Hi Shai

It's not a standard Android textfield. But it's white with black text, similar to an HTML field.

Regards

Tim

Shai Almog

Nov 22, 2013, 2:53:51 AM11/22/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, timg...@gmail.com
Odd, this should work. What happens if you highlight the text by double clicking it with the mouse?
Do you use a custom theme of your own or one of our builtin themes?

Shai Almog

Nov 22, 2013, 2:54:16 AM11/22/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, timg...@gmail.com
And can you please provide a screenshot just so I'm sure we are on the same page? Thanks.

timg...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2013, 6:25:04 AM12/4/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, timg...@gmail.com
Hi Shai

Sorry I've been away.

I am using my own theme for the textfields.

Please find the screenshots below, this is when I am typing in the field:

And when I've clicked into the second field:

This was working, and still works correctly on my Android device (Galaxy S4).  The update hasn't fixed the error.

Thanks

Tim

Shai Almog

Dec 4, 2013, 1:59:13 PM12/4/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, timg...@gmail.com
Did you change the unselected/selected styles for the text field component?
Can you provide the theme so I can reproduce the issue?