Toolbar commands does not recieve focus on non-touch devices

Chibuike Mba

Feb 25, 2015, 8:22:30 AM2/25/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have Toolbar with command buttons, on touch devices everything is ok because i can tap on the button directly with my finger but for non-touch devices (like Blackberry non-touch) the case is difference because i have to traverse through components to select appropriate component.

The device back button works with Side Menu while other Command buttons like right side menu does not have physical keys associated to them and I can't figure out other ways to select them.

My question is how can I select a command on the Toolbar with non-touch device?

Thank you.

Shai Almog

Feb 25, 2015, 11:45:44 AM2/25/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I don't think we designed/adapted the Toolbar API for non-touch devices. I don't think this is the right API for such devices in terms of screen realestate and feel.

Chibuike Mba

Feb 26, 2015, 6:34:47 AM2/26/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shai,

Regarding the screen real estate, that is not issue because the Toolbar has the capability to scroll with the content off screen or hide. Also, SideMenu has scrolling capability.

If the Toolbar implementation can be adjusted to enable its commands to receive focus I'll be OK, else I have to for go the Toolbar API or create two versions of my app, one for touch devices and the other for non-touch devices which will not be a good choice for me.