Virtual keyboard moves screen elements out of view

cr...@iversoft.ca

Feb 3, 2014, 10:18:19 AM2/3/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I have a screen that is a simple message composer. There is a top toolbar which contains a title and back button, then there is an AutoCompleteTextField that is used to select the recipient. Below that is a large text area to type the message body.

When the text area is focused and the keyboard appears, the screen scrolls too much, so the first row of the text area can't be seen. This means that the user is typing the first sentence without seeing what they're typing.

Do we have control over this functionality? I'd like it to scroll only to the To: field, or not at all. I've checked the API docs but I don't see a means to manipulate it.

Shai Almog

Feb 3, 2014, 1:14:56 PM2/3/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, cr...@iversoft.ca
On which platform?
If this is in iOS I suggest trying the new ios.keyboardOpen=true mode which provides a better experience for some use cases.

cr...@iversoft.ca

Feb 4, 2014, 10:52:12 AM2/4/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, cr...@iversoft.ca
Yes, sorry, I should have mentioned iOS. I will try that setting and see what happens.