IOS switch between 2 textareas transfers value for brief time

xha...@googlemail.com

Jan 12, 2016, 10:53:16 AM1/12/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi everyone,

i´ve got a strange textfield and textarea behaviour in IOS apps. If i switch from a textarea or textfield with contains some text to another textfield or textarea, the content from the previous field is visible in the new selected textarea or field.

Ive added a video which shows the issue very well. There are no listener or anything on the components.
Any advice how to avoid or fix this issue?
cn1IOSTextFields.mp4

Shai Almog

Jan 12, 2016, 11:31:31 PM1/12/16
to CodenameOne Discussions, xha...@googlemail.com
Hi,
which exact device is this?
Did you use any special build hints or anything specific?
We tried to reproduce such an issue unsuccessfully in our test cases so I'd like to understand that further.

xha...@googlemail.com

Jan 13, 2016, 3:04:19 AM1/13/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,

Its a IOS develop build. The device is a IPad 2 with IOS 9.0. This is also happening on a Iphone 4s with IOS 9.2. In the simulator and Android its working fine.

I´m using a custom .ttf font from http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/roboto which is places in the /src folder. The default style in the theme is set to:
Standard Font, System, Plain, Small, True Type: Roboto-Regular.ttf, True Type Size: Small, Derive Text Decoration set to true
The app includes the libraries: CN1JSLib, CN1JSON, CN1DataAccess, CodenameOneCKEditorComponent, CodenameOneRegexLib

I also removed everything in my Form and just loaded up the theme, created and added 4 textareas into the form and set the text of 2 areas and it still happens:(

my codenameone_settings.properties:
some properties are replaces with '*'

codename1.vendor=*
codename1.displayName=*
codename1.icon=icon.png
codename1.arg.java.version=8
codename1.languageLevel=8
codename1.ios.debug.certificatePassword=*
codename1.secondaryTitle=*
codename1.version=0.24
codename1.mainName=*
codename1.ios.certificatePassword=
codename1.ios.release.provision=*
codename1.rim.signtoolDb=
libVersion=97
codename1.ios.release.certificatePassword=*
codename1.ios.certificate=
codename1.j2me.nativeTheme=nativej2me.res
codename1.android.keystorePassword=*
codename1.ios.appid=*
codename1.ios.release.certificate=*
codename1.rim.signtoolCsk=
codename1.arg.ios.themeMode=auto
codename1.ios.debug.certificate=*
codename1.arg.ios.interface_orientation=UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait\:UIInterfaceOrientationPortraitUpsideDown\:UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeLeft\:UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight
codename1.arg.ios.testFlight=true
codename1.android.keystore=*
codename1.android.keystoreAlias=*
codename1.rim.certificatePassword=
codename1.ios.provision=
codename1.ios.debug.provision=*
codename1.arg.ios.project_type=ios
codename1.packageName=*

if you any other informations, just ask. Thanks for your help

Diamond

Jan 13, 2016, 6:21:31 AM1/13/16
to CodenameOne Discussions, xha...@googlemail.com
Hi Shai,

This behaviour has consistently been there for a while and it mostly happens when switching from normal textfield to password field, the content of the textfield flashes in password field.

I experience this in almost all my iOS app on any device. I once posted a question about it, but it was clouded by my major issue then... and besides, I didn't see it as much of a big issue.

xha...@googlemail.com

Jan 13, 2016, 6:28:40 AM1/13/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
This issue happens to me for non password fields too, as shown in the video (even if i dont have any password field)

Shai Almog

Jan 13, 2016, 11:16:09 PM1/13/16
to CodenameOne Discussions, xha...@googlemail.com
I haven't worked on that code for a while but I recall we used to have an issue there that I thought we fixed. Maybe Steve has some better feedback here.

Steve Hannah

Jan 13, 2016, 11:25:12 PM1/13/16
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, xha...@googlemail.com
I think I have noticed this in some test cases, but they were intermittent and fleeting.  I'll take a closer look to see if I can reproduce it again.

Steve

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 8:16 PM, Shai Almog <shai....@gmail.com> wrote:
I haven't worked on that code for a while but I recall we used to have an issue there that I thought we fixed. Maybe Steve has some better feedback here.

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.

chezm...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2016, 4:45:04 AM1/14/16
to CodenameOne Discussions, xha...@googlemail.com
I too have noticed this for as long as I can remember. Definitely on say a login screen when moving from normal textbox to a password one.

Paul

Steve CN1 Hannah

Jan 14, 2016, 6:06:31 PM1/14/16
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, xha...@googlemail.com
This is now fixed in Git.

Will be included with the next build server update.

Steve

Steve Hannah
Software Developer
Codename One

xha...@googlemail.com

Jan 15, 2016, 3:16:44 AM1/15/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Very nice! I really appreciate it.
Any ETA on update or any identifier how to know if its live?

Shai Almog

Jan 16, 2016, 1:04:45 AM1/16/16
to CodenameOne Discussions, xha...@googlemail.com
We'll try to push it out some time during the weekend.