Free Builds and Test Driven Development

nibras...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2015, 8:52:30 AM3/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I understand that I get 100 build credits and iOS builds cost 20 credits. I am used to test driven development. I tend to test my application every time I add a feature. Does this mean I have to limit the number of times I hit compile? Or, can I run the application on the simulator without using build credits?

Regards,
Nibras.

Steve Hannah

Mar 14, 2015, 9:18:02 AM3/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com

Running on the simulator doesn't use any build credits.  You can compile your app as many times as you like.

Nibras Reeza

Mar 14, 2015, 10:58:39 AM3/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Nibras Ahamed Reeza
http://www.nibrasweb.com
(94) 77 99 66375

---

Shai Almog

Mar 14, 2015, 11:35:50 AM3/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, nibras...@gmail.com
Just to provide some context: http://www.codenameone.com/blog/continuous-integration
We do support on device TDD but only for enterprise accounts since the cost in terms of server usage is just too high and would make building remarkably slow for everyone...

Nibras Reeza

Mar 15, 2015, 4:22:25 AM3/15/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for the clarification. But, I guess I will have to use Monaca or AppGyver Supersonic for the time being. CodeName One is a great product and coming from a Java background and being typesafe, CodeName One should be the ideal platform for cross-platform development. However, despite the excellent GUI features, many (or almost all) of the native hardware APIs are not available yet which mean I would still have to learn a lot about all other supported platforms.

Best Regards,

Nibras Ahamed Reeza
http://www.nibrasweb.com
(94) 77 99 66375

---

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Shai Almog <shai....@gmail.com> wrote:
Just to provide some context: http://www.codenameone.com/blog/continuous-integration
We do support on device TDD but only for enterprise accounts since the cost in terms of server usage is just too high and would make building remarkably slow for everyone...

Chen Fishbein

Mar 15, 2015, 4:30:27 AM3/15/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, nibras...@gmail.com
Hi,