Simulator with virtual keyboard?

Pai Peng

Jul 29, 2013, 6:33:36 AM7/29/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hello CN1,

by testing the textfield and keyboard on simulator, I noticed that the virtual keyboard doesn't be displayed on simulator. Testing on device there is no problem.

Does Simulator support virtual keyboard?

Thanks

Pai

Shai Almog

Jul 29, 2013, 12:38:14 PM7/29/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
we use native input where possible and use the native devices VKB. We have our own VKB for J2ME devices where native input isn't supported. However, since this VKB is implemented using our internal API its behavior is very different to the native VKB and would not produce the same results so using it for simulation is redundant.