How do you customize buttons?

dsieve...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2014, 12:32:15 PM10/28/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to use the Designer, and I have a Border layout, and in the center a Grid layout with 1 row 1 column, then I  have a container with two buttons. I want the buttons centered on the page and have them green, but I can't seem to figure it out.  I get  the green color by not deriving the border, but then the height and width gets messed up.

I guess me second question is most of these forums are showing actual code for the css and front end.  I don't see a way to do this, it seems like im forced to use the Designer which is terrible.

I am using intellij

Shai Almog

Oct 28, 2014, 9:02:55 PM10/28/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, dsieve...@gmail.com
You can just increase the padding to make the buttons spacing bigger once you removed the border.
You can also use the 9-piece border to have a styled button (which might implicitly increase the size): http://www.codenameone.com/how-do-i---create-a-9-piece-image-border.html

We are working on an improved designer but this is a big undertaking since despite its appearances (or lack thereof) its a remarkably function rich tool.