New to Codename One - Any "New Style" Starter App

Adi Rabinovich

Aug 30, 2014, 11:42:07 AM8/30/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Just looking for a good place to start - I am sure whatever I start with now will take some time to develop and it would be shame for it to look like a 2001 App, while being released in 2015 - Age of Paper design on Android and iOS 8 .

Is there a good starter open-source app or example app that follows the latest design trends, such as having the Three-Line Menu slideout from left (with link at top-left) and Search at the top?

I am no designer, so prefer to look at some examples and just "fill" them with my own content :)

Is that possible with Codename One? Seems like platform is Very powerful, so surely folks had done such Apps before and some of them are Open Source?

Thanks in advance!

Shai Almog

Aug 30, 2014, 1:18:16 PM8/30/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
try our new course:
https://www.udemy.com/build-mobile-ios-apps-in-java-using-codename-one/

Fill the gaps with how do I:
http://codenameone.com/how-do-i.html

For samples check out the Download page as well as the cn1libs who are mostly open source: http://codenameone.com/cn1libs.html

Obviously the getting started lists additional resources such as the developer guide and JavaDoc.