Allow readers to tag posts on codenamone.com

sidiabale

Jan 27, 2016, 4:14:30 AM1/27/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,

Won't it be great if readers can apply one or more tags to posts that they've read just like we can tag questions here or on StackOverflow? It would make the tag cloud much more useful and make finding old blog posts easier. Ideally, this should be done by the author of the post but that's clearly not consistently the case.

I find myself having to get creative with "<search terms> site:codenameone.com" -like searches to find posts that I know I've seen before but cannot locate anymore. If I could tag (or at least suggest tags for such posts), it will save me the next search in a couple of weeks and maybe help someone else...

#JustThinkingAloud

Shai Almog

Jan 27, 2016, 11:14:54 PM1/27/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,
we did.

A few months ago the forum became slow & unusable and started rejecting posts for no reason with very odd behaviors.

Turns out that this was due to a google update that broke the tagging behavior so we deleted a lot of the tags and disabled user modifications to that. We can turn it back on but I'm not sure if I trust Google not to break this again.

sidiabale

Jan 28, 2016, 3:49:49 AM1/28/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Uhmmmm,

Sorry, my use of 'posts' was ambiguous. I meant blog posts on www.codenameone.com/blog and not threads on this forum...

Shai Almog

Jan 28, 2016, 11:55:09 PM1/28/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Sorry I go thru a lot of these and misread often.

Our site is 100% static as we generate it with jbake. This allows t to perform really well and scale using cloudflare.

All user submitted logic goes thru external services and I'm not aware of one that offers tagging. Its not something we can easily add.