generate IOS certificate multiple projects issue

Mark Bolduc

Jun 2, 2020, 1:01:35 PM6/2/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans/Eclipse/IDEA  Netbeans 11
Desktop OS Windows 10 Pro
Simulator latest
Device IOS

I have added 2 new codenameone projects and have build issues related to certificate generation. (Total of 3 now)

I have a paid/active apple developers account with Dev/Dist certificates expiring in 2021

It seems each project uses a unique certificate, however I have only one Itunes/Apple certificate for (Dev/Release)

If I overwrite a certificate from the Codenameone Cert Wizzard, that project builds correctly, however the 2 other projects no longer build due to mismatching certificates.

How do i assign valid Appple Development certificates to all projects using the codenameone cert wizzard?

Note: If i manually remove all files from project->iosCerts directory and re-run codenameone cert wizzard, app detects a previous certificate (presumably from apple) and asks to use it or re-generate, If i use existing from apple, then all projects build/run corectly.
Question: Shouln't the Certificate Wizzard handel this?

Thoughts?

Regards.

Shai Almog

Jun 2, 2020, 10:48:28 PM6/2/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
This is a delicate balance. You need to run the wizard and answer no when prompted whether to revoke the existing certificates. You should be able to manage multiple push certificates (for every project) but the signing certificates should only be generated once.
You still need to go through the wizard to re-generate the provisioning profiles.

James Hastings

Jun 2, 2020, 10:54:53 PM6/2/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
I’ve had success by just copying the certificate from the project I created it in to all the other projects. Then, you run the wizard on the other projects and don’t generate new ones. Not too bad if you only do it once a year. I’m not sure this is the easiest way.

Mark Bolduc

Jun 3, 2020, 1:38:36 PM6/3/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
Thanks guys,

I would think that the wizard would offer to use a previous certificate (as seen when the project has no certs at beginning) otherwise the wizzard uses the stored cert in the project (two choices 1) Generate New or 2) Use Existing from project),  Could be 3rd option to use Previously Stored Certificate from Apple.

Shai Almog

Jun 3, 2020, 10:35:27 PM6/3/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
It's actually supposed to behave that way but it's possible that it doesn't as this specific wizard is pretty hard to test with all the nuances related to this process.

JAMES HASTINGS

Jun 3, 2020, 10:54:11 PM6/3/20
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
If my memory is correct, I think it used to do that but after a bit of time since updating multiple apps at the same time, I don’t recall for certain. I am now working on multiple apps and noticed I had to copy the certs from one project iOSCerts folder to another project’s.