Calendar event

t.kasz...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2013, 1:50:28 PM7/22/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to add events to IOS calendar? Same question for RIM phone calendar and Android phone Calendar.

Shai Almog

Jul 23, 2013, 12:40:05 AM7/23/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, t.kasz...@gmail.com
We don't have any such support at the moment. You can use our support for native code to invoke the native PIM API's.

Tomasz Kaszycki

Jul 23, 2013, 2:37:47 AM7/23/13
to Shai Almog, codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I'm wondering if you're planning on adding such a support.

--
pozdrawiam
Kaszycki Tomasz

Shai Almog

Jul 23, 2013, 3:04:40 PM7/23/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, Shai Almog, t.kasz...@gmail.com
None of our pro accounts made any request for this. They did ask for other features though.
Essentially our plans to the future is to go where our users ask and we generally priorities the requests of enterprise/pro users then code contributors then everyone else. So this is low priority right now.

nickk...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2013, 7:01:03 PM7/25/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, Shai Almog, t.kasz...@gmail.com
I've added it via native support, unfortunately I can't share the code as its under contract with a customer but its not too difficult to do, I have it running in iPhone and Android and compiling in Windows Phone (but untested as of today).

For each platform implementation I pretty much just googled it and found the code needed and made minor adaptations to make them consistent on all the platforms.

The only minor gotachas are Windows Phone uses a different epoch and time measure measurement than the other two and all platforms have slightly different options for the event status (Busy, Available etc.,) but mostly its straightforward and works.

Good luck.

Adejuwon Omolara

Feb 21, 2014, 3:25:01 AM2/21/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, t.kasz...@gmail.com, nickk...@gmail.com
Hello,

I am having similar issues to the one you described up there. But I dont understand how I can add the manifest and other android APIs needed. Kindly help with this.

Shai Almog

Feb 21, 2014, 12:14:44 PM2/21/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, t.kasz...@gmail.com, nickk...@gmail.com