Receive SMS natively

dcr...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2014, 4:28:59 AM2/21/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi CN1 community,

I want to know how to sync the received SMS message from the device's "native SMS application's" inbox into my CN1 application. Something like that of Handcent SMS (for Android) functionality where SMS is also reflected/sync from Android's Messaging application. I want this functionality with my CN1 Application which targets Blackberry and J2ME. How can this be achieved? I read here about coding it "natively". If so, do i need to download SDKs for Blackberry and J2ME? Thanks for your answer :)

Shai Almog

Feb 21, 2014, 12:17:00 PM2/21/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, dcr...@gmail.com
Hi,
See this: http://www.codenameone.com/how-do-i---access-native-device-functionality-invoke-native-interfaces.html

This is pretty platform specific and not supported by iOS/Windows Phone so we don't expose it in the standard API. I don't think its available for J2ME/RIM either but I'm not sure about that 100%.