Location simulator has stopped working

Craig Lang

Mar 3, 2016, 10:17:35 PM3/3/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Today I find I am unable to change anything in the location simulation.
Previously, I could drag the location to anywhere, plug in a new latitude and longitude, resize the map, etc...
Today, none of that seems to be working.

Entering a latitude and longitude, then selecting Update has no effect.

Also, the hand cursor is no longer shown when the mouse cursor is over the map.
When I try to drag the map location, an I-Beam cursor appears.
Also, the zoom buttons are no longer shown.

Thanks,
 -Craig

Essential Stats:
IDE: Eclipse
Desktop OS: Windows 8.1
Simulator

Shai Almog

Mar 3, 2016, 11:30:30 PM3/3/16
to CodenameOne Discussions

Craig Lang

Mar 31, 2016, 12:51:50 PM3/31/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi All,

You referenced an entry/discussion on StackOverflow. I was the one who entered that issue. I will also add this comment here to StackOverflow as well. I have been trying to have a dialog on this issue through StackOverflow. I added a reply several days ago now, and I have gotten now
reply.

I got pulled off to deal with an unrelated issue and was away for a couple of weeks.
When I returned, I downloaded the latest build and tried the simulator.
I noticed that the changes described were in place in the location simulator, including being able to enter a new latitude, longitude, velocity, etc. Also, the Update button was no longer  present.

When I enter any updates, I note that they do not have any effect on the actual location.
Similarly, when I try to drag the map to a new location, I don't see any response either.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if there is still a bug.
Since I don't hear a lot of other people grousing about this issue, I'm guessing it's some configuration or installation problem on my system. However, I have not had any response to my comments or questions on Stack Overflow.

Unfortunately, since I have a Professional license, that's the only help/support available. And I can't afford the Enterprise license. So it is really causing me problems. This problem is becoming a real roadblock to my getting work completed.

Thank you,
 -Craig Lang,
  Horizon Technologies

Craig Lang

Mar 31, 2016, 6:45:26 PM3/31/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Found it!!!!
It was a java configuration problem.
Had eclipse set to java.home=jdk1.9.0_77
On the location simulator, the JRE was set to JRE7.

Thanks,
 Craig