Best way to share a project with a SCM?

eos

Aug 29, 2013, 8:20:58 AM8/29/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Is the following the recommended way

Developer A
  1. creates a new CN1 Designer project.
  2. makes some changes to the designer, and source code.
  3. setup his build login and certs etc. for server building.
  4. Setsup a Git local git repo (or other SCM) and sets the origin to be a remote repo.
  5. Checkes in the src directory only.  Puts all other files in .gitignore.
  6. commits and pushes to remote repo

Developer B
  1. In eclipse, creates new CN1 project and gives it the same main class name and package as Developer A.
  2. close eclipse
  3. navigate to project dir.
  4. delete scr dir.
  5. git clone the remote repo, which bring across the src dir (and .gitignore).
Both devs can now modify and commit stuff (usually on different branches then merge.)

Will this work?  Is this the best way?

eos

Aug 29, 2013, 8:58:03 AM8/29/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
This issue I see with this approach is if CN1 updates the plugin, which creartes different non scr files, it will probably break.  Is there a better way?

Shai Almog

Aug 29, 2013, 3:03:23 PM8/29/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
If you are working with a team I suggest you check out our new support (only works in the plugin released yesterday) for XML resource files:
http://www.codenameone.com/3/post/2013/08/teamwork-and-other-things.html

Generally we keep all files under revision (although we use SVN and NetBeans).
We ignore:
build, dist (bin for eclipse guys) and nbproject/private

Everything else goes into SVN including the jars although that is something we sometimes choose not to add (it has downsides).