NPE Exception on EDT loop

ba.kri...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2015, 6:20:21 AM7/21/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: Eclipse
Desktop OS:Windows7
Simulator
Device

00:06:14,684 [INFO] *** Signal: operStatus { "appId":"SensorDemo", "state":"stopping" }
00:06:14,705 [ERROR] java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.codename1.ui.Display.mainEDTLoop: void mainEDTLoop() (Display.java)
at com.codename1.ui.RunnableWrapper.run: void run() (RunnableWrapper.java)
at com.codename1.impl.CodenameOneThread.run: void run() (CodenameOneThread.java)
at com.aicas.xlet.manager.XletThreadGroup$3$1.run: void run(javax.realtime.AsynchronouslyInterruptedException) (XletThreadGroup.java)
at javax.realtime.AsynchronouslyInterruptedException.doInterruptible: boolean doInterruptible(javax.realtime.Interruptible) (AsynchronouslyInterruptedException.java)
at com.aicas.xlet.manager.XletThreadGroup$3.callRun: void callRun(java.lang.Runnable) (XletThreadGroup.java)
at com.aicas.jamaica.lang.ThreadGroupController$Control.callRun: void callRun(java.lang.Runnable) (ThreadGroupController.java)
at java.lang.Thread.go: void go() (Thread.java)

00:06:14,729 [DEBUG] java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.codename1.ui.Display.getInstance: com.codename1.ui.Display getInstance() (Display.java)
at com.codename1.impl.CodenameOneThread.getStack: java.lang.String getStack(java.lang.Throwable) (CodenameOneThread.java)
at com.codename1.impl.CodenameOneThread.handleException: void handleException(java.lang.Throwable) (CodenameOneThread.java)
at com.codename1.impl.CodenameOneThread.run: void run() (CodenameOneThread.java)
at com.aicas.xlet.manager.XletThreadGroup$3$1.run: void run(javax.realtime.AsynchronouslyInterruptedException) (XletThreadGroup.java)
at javax.realtime.AsynchronouslyInterruptedException.doInterruptible: boolean doInterruptible(javax.realtime.Interruptible) (AsynchronouslyInterruptedException.java)
at com.aicas.xlet.manager.XletThreadGroup$3.callRun: void callRun(java.lang.Runnable) (XletThreadGroup.java)
at com.aicas.jamaica.lang.ThreadGroupController$Control.callRun: void callRun(java.lang.Runnable) (ThreadGroupController.java)
at java.lang.Thread.go: void go() (Thread.java)

Chen Fishbein

Jul 21, 2015, 7:10:43 AM7/21/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, ba.kri...@gmail.com
Hi,
My previous answer for your previous issue applies here as well, jamaica vm is not a supported platform.

ba.kri...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2015, 7:31:41 AM7/21/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, ba.kri...@gmail.com
Hi,
Thanks for the response.
But I can run other applications on Jamica VM and there is no such issue. This application will crash the application management service and hence stop the entire applications.

ba.kri...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2015, 7:38:37 AM7/21/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, ba.kri...@gmail.com
In my application consists of 3 buttons and a textarea. when i am clicking on a button , continuously data updated into the textarea. So I think the issue is related to the thread. Is any solution to avoid the exceptions related to EDT ? I am using GUI builder for developing GUI.

Chen Fishbein

Jul 21, 2015, 8:36:30 AM7/21/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, ba.kri...@gmail.com
The code base you are using is very different then our code base, so we can't help here.
I don't really know why you get these exceptions, did you tried contact aicas for support?

ba.kri...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2015, 9:04:00 AM7/21/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, ba.kri...@gmail.com
OK.
I didn't tried to contact them. I think, if the problem is in the textarea then will get any valid solution from the CN1 Discussion.
Anyway thank you.

Shai Almog

Jul 21, 2015, 12:00:17 PM7/21/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, ba.kri...@gmail.com
Aicas has forked pretty old code and did some things that we strongly disagree with (on a technical decision level). Unfortunately because of those decisions we can't fix or even diagnose issues with their fork.
We tried to find common ground to work with them but it seems that the distance between our approaches is too great.