Transparent Button problem

dmitry.p...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2014, 11:39:34 AM8/15/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am having a problem with a transparent button that I place on top of a widget using Layered layout. I've defined a TransparentButton UIID in the theme and set transparency to 0 in all states (unselected, selected, pressed and disabled). Derive Transparency is off. However, the button still shows up whenever I press it and the previously pressed transparent buttons show up as well.
The attached screen grab shows two white rectangles where invisible buttons are supposed to go.

Please help me figure this out.

IDE: NetBeans
Desktop OS: MacOS
Device: iPad Mini
grab3.tiff

Shai Almog

Aug 16, 2014, 3:31:34 AM8/16/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, dmitry.p...@gmail.com
Hi,
did you derive the border section with an empty border?

dmitry.p...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2014, 11:44:07 AM8/18/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, dmitry.p...@gmail.com
Hi Shai,

I have set border to <Empty> for all states, but the same thing happens.

Thanks,

Dmitry

Shai Almog

Aug 18, 2014, 11:58:08 AM8/18/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, dmitry.p...@gmail.com
Hi,
did you explicitly define transparency to 0 on all states or did you rely on inheritance?
Style inheritance can be flaky in some cases.

dmitry.p...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2014, 12:02:08 PM8/18/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, dmitry.p...@gmail.com
I did set transparency to 0 explicitly.

Shai Almog

Aug 19, 2014, 12:51:14 AM8/19/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, dmitry.p...@gmail.com
I'm a bit out of ideas here, we use this approach quite frequently so this should work just fine.
I suggest isolating this as a standalone test case and finding the root cause.