ComponentGroup disappear in Android devices

hebert....@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2015, 8:30:48 AM11/6/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans/Eclipse/IDEA
Desktop OS
Simulator
Device

IDE: Eclipse, windows 8.1
Android Tablet, iOS9 iPAD
Simulator

Why the ComponentGroup component used in the container appears in the simulator and on iOS but are not created in Android?

Is there any property or flag to force this component to be created in Android version?

Thanks
Seta.png

Shai Almog

Nov 7, 2015, 12:49:21 AM11/7/15
to CodenameOne Discussions, hebert....@gmail.com
This is intentional.
If you read the JavaDoc for ComponentGroup you will see that you need to define a theme constant to make them active.
By default its on in iOS since component grouping is a common practice there but its not present on Android since its not a common UI design pattern there.

If you define ComponentGroupBool=true in the theme constants then the components will start getting the component group related UIID's. But then you will run into the fact that the UIID's aren't defined for OS's other then iOS.

For that you will need to define the GroupElement* UIID's and probably the ButtonGroup* UIID's. You can look into our themes such as the iOS7 theme in the git repository to see how these things are defined.

Hebert Luchetti

Nov 11, 2015, 3:30:35 PM11/11/15
to Shai Almog, CodenameOne Discussions

I tried your solution and it  worked. Thanks