How to handle org.xmlvm._nNotYetImplementedException on Windows Phone

sidiabale

Jul 14, 2015, 3:45:28 AM7/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tried integrating a cn1lib in my windows phone app and on start up, I get the following exception:

An internal application error occurred:
java.lang.RuntimeException:
System.TypeInitializationException:
The type initialier for 'com.parse4cn1.Parse' threw an exception. -->
org.xmlvm._nNotYetImplementedException: XMLVM: Not Yet Implemented: Red class access removed:
java.text.SimpleDateFormat

I've heard the CN1 WinPhone port story several times already so that's not what I'm interested in. My question is: Is there a reasonable workaround? Also, is there a list of know unimplemented functions or do I just have to try and see what work and what doesn't?

Thanks

If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans
Desktop OS: No
Simulator: No
Device: Windows Phone

Shai Almog

Jul 14, 2015, 10:30:22 AM7/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, sidi...@gmail.com
Hi,
use the SimpleDateFormat from the codename1 packages.
Message has been deleted

sidiabale

Jul 14, 2015, 12:10:32 PM7/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, sidi...@gmail.com
Hi,

I switchted to SimpleDateFormat from codename1 packages but now I get the following error from a call made by CN1's simple date format parse() method:

An internal application error occurred:
java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.xmlvm._nNotYetImplementedException: XMLVM: Not Yet Implemented: Red class access removed:
com.ibm.icu.util.TimeZone
getTimeZone
at java.util.SimpleTimeZone_21.run()
<truncated>
at
java.util.TimeZone.getTimeZone(String n1)
at
com.codename1.l10n.SimpleDateFormat.parser(String n1)

at
com.parse4cn1.Parse.parseDate(String n1)

Any other ideas on how to handle this?

Shai Almog

Jul 14, 2015, 11:48:23 PM7/14/15
I think there was an issue on that a while back. We probably won't address it with the current direction: http://www.codenameone.com/blog/login-tutorials-future-of-windows-phone.html