Simulator not accurately displaying app

kjla...@googlemail.com

Mar 4, 2014, 5:24:39 AM3/4/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I have a page with two TimeSpinners laid out alongside each other. This was showing correctly in the simulator and on Android.

I built the app for Android yesterday which triggered an update of the local JARs. Since then, the simulator fails to show one of the TimeSpinners despite it appearing correctly on the device. In addition, the pages within the simulator no longer have the same styling as in the GUI designer so I don't believe that this is purely a TimeSpinner issue.

These issues make the simulator redundant and negates one of the main advantages of the tool.

Has anyone else encountered similar issues with the simulator? If so, has a solution been found to revert the simulator back to how it was?

Thanks

Shai Almog

Mar 4, 2014, 2:27:38 PM3/4/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, kjla...@googlemail.com
Some screenshots would help here.
If you placed two time spinners next to one another this is likely a problem.
They take up a lot of room and probably a small set of padding changes pushed one of them out.
You should reconsider your layout manager of choice.

kjla...@googlemail.com

Mar 5, 2014, 4:40:28 AM3/5/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, kjla...@googlemail.com
My point is that it was working fine until I submitted a build for Android to your servers.

I've attached a screenshot of how it looks in the designer (designer.jpg) - this WAS how it looked in the simulator too.

I have also attached a screenshot of how it looks in the simulator now (simulator.jpg).

This issue has also affected a colleague of mine too. He is not using TimeSpinners so it is not an issue with these.
designer.JPG
simulator.JPG

Shai Almog

Mar 5, 2014, 11:50:20 AM3/5/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, kjla...@googlemail.com
The screenshots are made with the iOS simulator/skin where you submitted an Android build so obviously they will look different. In the designer select Themes->Android/ICS/Gingerbread.
On Simulator select skin.