An App that shows directions on a map.

Akintayo Olusegun

Nov 19, 2013, 6:39:15 AM11/19/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I have an app that shows directions on a map.

My major issue is how to get the direction the user is facing. After getting the direction, I also need to be able to turn the map appropriately so that it is facing the right direction.

As it is now, most times the direction is not facing the proper direction.

Thanks.

Shai Almog

Nov 19, 2013, 2:06:26 PM11/19/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Location has a direction in degrees value that you can use.
I don't think you can rotate the map but Chen knows about it more than I do.

Chen Fishbein

Nov 20, 2013, 2:22:32 AM11/20/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
you can get the direction from the Location object, map rotation is not supported and will be very difficult to implement on a tiled based map.
if map rotation is an important feature of your app I would suggest you to go with the native map component and embed it in the UI as a PeerComponent.

Akintayo Olusegun

Nov 20, 2013, 4:01:16 AM11/20/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com

Ok Chen,